Saturday, June 4, 2011

My IMPACT experience has come to an end

Outgoing AAPA President Patrick Killeen
I loved IMPACT. I was energized and inspired each and everyday by people in my profession. It all started with the enthusiasm of the opening ceremony. I was impressed with President Patrick Killeen’s heart felt speech and his passion for the profession. The video segments of the award winners played during the ceremony were also a great addition. The AOR meeting gave me the opportunity to meet some of the current and future student leaders as well as become part of the SAAPA Board. I loved the Leadership Conference that was put on by Josh Newton (soon-to-be past SAAPA VP). He was able to get great speakers such as President-elect Robert Wooten and Michelle DiBaise to share their advice on being an effective leader. The Challenge Bowl was thoroughly entertaining and I was also fortunate to meet so many PA pioneers and hear their words of wisdom. I must admit that one of the most impressive things about IMPACT was the accessibility and approachability of our leaders.  

Thanks to the AAPA for a great week. See you in Toronto.

Bianca Belcher, MPH, PA Student
twitter. @B_Belcher
http://biancabelcherpa.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Toronto '12, I can't wait :-) Congrats on the new position, you represent the student contingent well!

    ReplyDelete