Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Cardiothoracic PA comes to Las Vegas



I have had the privilege to serve in Cardiothoracic Surgery and Critical Care for all of my PA career.  I have attended several AAPA conferences and have always found something in the world of surgery, cardiology, pulmonology, thoracic oncology, and critical care that has impacted my practice.   I am gaining a new perspective on conferences because I have spent the past year as the Speaker Chair for the upcoming APACVS Critical Care Conference in DC from June 22-25, 2011.  I now know the challenge of recruiting speakers for a four-day conference in one room.  It gives me a new respect for the complexity of what it must be like to put together something like AAPA’s conference.
 
I am coming to sit as an alternate in the HOD to represent APACVS.  I will have the honor to sit with Dana Gray.  Dana has a long history of service with APACVS.  He recently won the AAPA Paragon Physician/PA team award with Dr. Jonathan Hill.  The amazing thing about APACVS is the depth of our bench.  We have pioneers that have started the organization 30 years ago who continue to have a voice and talented new PAs that join the organization every year.  It is an amazing experience to be a part of that tradition. 
 
@djbunnell
 
find us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment