Friday, May 27, 2011

My Conference Clothing Dilemma

While I do enjoy the excitement of packing for a conference, it tends to ebb around the two am mark the night before I leave, as I stand in a room strewn with shirts, pants, suits, ties, and electronic devices with their cords twisted in a heap. It starts off logically enough. My traveling partner, fellow AAPA member and wife always tries to set me up: make a list, put things in piles, then put them in the suitcase in an orderly fashion. She usually gives up and goes to bed around midnight, after she has quickly and efficiently packed her suitcase. Meanwhile, I try another pair of pants on, hoping that I might have lost a pound or two in the twenty minutes since I last tried them on. I change my angle, thinking maybe it's just a problem of visual perception. And so it goes in getting ready for Vegas. But this time it will be different. This time, I'm making a list.

Jim Anderson PA-C
@jimeddypa
j.eddy.anderson@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment