Friday, May 27, 2011

Meet Blogger Patricia Devine: Viva Health Information Literacy, PubMed, and Las Vegas!

Ann Margaret and Elvis Presley in  Viva Las Vegas

As I am looking forward to next week's conference I'm thinking about my theme song for the week. It's Viva Las Vegas, of course! Start listening now to get into the mood, and let's all make this song the ring tone on our phones:

http://www.last.fm/music/Elvis+Presley/_/Viva+Las+Vegas

"Viva Las Vegas" was written by Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman and recorded by Elvis Presley in 1964 for the film of the same name.

It's inspiring me to get excited about seeing my AAPA colleagues and networking about health disparities, health information literacy, patient education, and other important issues. I will be presenting a session called "PubMed Pearls: Making the New PubMed Work for You" at 2:00 on Tuesday. I'll be in the exhibit Hall at the National Library of Medicine Booth on Wednesday and Thursday, and co-presenting a poster on Health Information Literacy on Friday at noon. I hope to see you all.

Bright light city gonna set my soul on fire! Let's go, and let me know if you are planning a karaoke event.

Patricia Devine, Medical Librarian
National Network of Libraries of Medicine

devine@uw.edu
@pat_devine on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment